Power exchange (also called Erotic power exchange, authority exchange and power dynamics) refers to a relationship of mutual consent in which one person gives their submission in exchange for another person giving their dominance. The exchange is the power that is always inherent in dominance & submission where in which the s-type loses some degree of authority to the D-type in exchange for the D-type taking some degree of responsibility for the s-type.
Intense and skillful power exchanges may result in sub space.
Parameters[edit | edit source]
- can be applied to individual scenes or may govern the entire way of those involved relating to one another on a constant basis.
- may also have various levels of power negotiated for or be absolute.
- may be applied to very specific aspects, such as lovemaking or finance, or become homogeneously synonymous with every part of daily life.
- can be practiced not only by a couple but also by a poly group.
- is not restricted to specifically to those that practice BDSM but is most commonly associated with it.
- May or may not include aspects of SM or sexual fetishism.
- can be said to occur, at least on a minor level, with every interaction a person has.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Power Exchange"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.